This Kyocera TASKalfa 3551ci is a standard-yield black and white and color copier with stapling capability. The instructions below will assist you in installing and printing to this copier using your Windows/Mac workstation. Please remember to always print in black and white and double-sided (duplex) to reduce paper consumption and toner expense.
Installation - Windows OS
- Click START icon.
- Enter "printers" in the search field; once the list populates, select Devices and Printers.
- Click Add a printer on the top bar.
- Click Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- Click The printer that I want isn’t listed.
- On the Find a printer by name or TCP/IP address screen, select Add a printer using TCP/IP address or hostname. Click Next.
- In the Hostname or IP address field enter IP 18.104.22.168.
- The Port name will self-complete. Click Next.
- Detecting printer…
- On the Install the printer driver window, click Kyocera in the Manufacturer list and then Kyocera TASKalfa 3551ci in the Printers list. PLEASE NOTE: If the proper printer driver does not show in the list, please click Windows Update. An updated list will be downloaded from Microsoft within a few minutes. Once the list is updated, select the Kyocera TASKalfa 3551ci KX printer driver.
- Click Next.
- Leave the Printer name field as is and click Next.
- Installing printer...
- Click Do not share this printer on the Printer Sharing window. Click Next.
- Set as the default printer.
- Click Print a test page button. A window will pop up confirming the test page was sent to the printer. Click Close.
- Click Finish.
- To set the default printing to black and white, repeat Steps 1 and 2 above; right-click on the newly installed copier, select Printing Preferences and set the Color mode to black and white.
- Click OK.
Printing in Color Using Windows OS
- Hit CTRL + P and select Kyocera TASKalfa 3551ci from the drop list.
- Click on Properties and then select the Color option.
- Click OK.
Installation - Mac OS
- Download drivers at https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.eu/index/service/dlc.false.driver.TASKALFA3551CI._.EN.html
- Scroll down the Mac section (very bottom).
- Download the Mac OSX 10.5 or newer ZIP file.
- Agree to the terms.
- Open the downloaded ZIP file folder and double-click the DMG file.
- Double-click the PKG file.
- Continue through the dialogue boxes and Install.
- Open System Preferences.
- Click Printers & Scanners.
- Click the + symbol below the Printers list.
- Click the IP icon at the top.
- In the Address field enter IP 22.214.171.124.
- Gathering printer information…
- Select LPD for the Protocol.
- Enter Kyocera TASKalfa 3551ci in the Name field.
- The Location field should populate to Copier Rm #146.
- Click Add.
- Click OK on the popup Settings window.
- The printer is now added to the Printers list.
- Be sure the Share this printer on the network is unchecked.
- Set as Default printer.
- Print out a test document to confirm the printer has been added.
Set B&W as Default Using Mac OS
By default, Mac OS will print in color. Change the default to black and white using the following steps:
- Open Safari and and visit any web page.
- Hit Command + P and select Kyocera TASKalfa 3551ci from the drop list.
- Click the Show Details button.
- Below Orientation, select Layout from the drop list and check Two-Sided to Long-Edge Binding.
- Select Imaging from the same drop list.
- Change Color Mode to Black & White
- At the top, change Presets to Save Current Settings as Preset.
- Enter B&W Printing as the Preset Name.
- Check Only this printer, click OK.
To print in color or black and white you will need to toggle between the Default Settings and B&W Printing presets when printing.