This Kyocera TASKalfa 5500i is a high-yield black and white only copier with stapling capability. The instructions below will assist you in installing and printing to this copier using your Windows/Mac workstation. Please remember to always print double-sided (duplex) to reduce paper consumption.
Installation - Windows OS
- Click START icon.
- Enter "printers" in the search field; once the list populates, select Devices and Printers.
- Click Add a printer on the top bar.
- Click Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- Click The printer that I want isn’t listed.
- On the Find a printer by name or TCP/IP address screen, select Add a printer using TCP/IP address or hostname. Click Next.
- In the Hostname or IP address field enter IP 184.108.40.206.
- The Port name will self-complete. Click Next.
- Detecting printer…
- On the Install the printer driver window, click Kyocera in the Manufacturer list and then Kyocera TASKalfa 5500i in the Printers list. PLEASE NOTE: If the proper printer driver does not show in the list, please click Windows Update. An updated list will be downloaded from Microsoft within a few minutes. Once the list is updated, select the Kyocera TASKalfa 5500i KX printer driver.
- Click Next.
- Leave the Printer name field as is and click Next.
- Installing printer...
- Click Do not share this printer on the Printer Sharing window. Click Next.
- Set as the default printer.
- Click Print a test page button. A window will pop up confirming the test page was sent to the printer. Click Close.
- Click Finish.
Installation - Mac OS
- Open System Preferences.
- Click Printers & Scanners.
- Click the + symbol below the Printers list.
- Click the IP icon at the top.
- In the Address field enter IP 220.127.116.11.
- Gathering printer information…
- Select LPD for the Protocol.
- Enter Kyocera TASKalfa 5500i in the Name field.
- In the Location field enter Suite 100 Lobby.
- Click Add.
- Check the Duplex Printing Unit box.
- Click OK.
- The printer is now added to the Printers list.
- Be sure the Share this printer on the network is unchecked.
- Set as Default printer.
- Print out a test document to confirm the printer has been added correctly.